Happy birthday, Chair Popoy!
I’m happy to be here
to celebrate your birthday!
As a voice from the private sector
As a voice coming from Mindanao
Thank you for inviting me!
There is that beautiful poem, “How do I love you: Let me count the ways.” Today, “How can we thank you? Let me count the ways…? Let me mention twelve.
- FOR TAKING ON THE CHALLENGES OF THE CHED CHAIRMANSHIP in genuine service to the development of HEIs where they are, and not with a blanket attitude that there are too many HEIs in the PH!
- For understanding we must all contribute to the “ONE SYSTEM OF PHILIPPINE EDUCATION where public education and private education come together in complementarity”;
- FOR BEING GRATEFUL FOR THE CONTRIBUTION OF THE PRIVATE EDUCTION and for being sensitive to its needs;
- RECOMMENDING THE APPOINTMENT OF A PRIVATE SECTOR REPRESENTATIVE in CHED en banc;
- FOR RESPECTING ACADEMIC FREEDOM, the driving force of higher education, not compliance, not profit, not funding…
- FOR BEING A CHAIRMAN WILLING TO LISTEN…;
- FOR BEING WILLING TO AWAKEN AND EMPOWER HEIs TO THEIR ACADEMIC FREEDOM, INNOVATIVENESS and CREATIVITY. For a policy atmosphere in CHED of less regulation and more encouragement towards quality assurance;
- FOR BEING WILLING TO ALLOW CMO 46 s. 2012 TO BE CHALLENGED THROUGH CRITICAL DISCUSSION AND CONSENSUS BUILDING;
- For being willing to take on the challenges of QUALITY ASSURANCE by allowing HEIs to develop in a culture of QA INTEGRALLY, and not by imposing on them a typology choice a priori;
- For TAKING ON ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES OF HIGHER EDUCATION QUALITY BY RECONSTITUTING THE “COORDINATING COUNCIL OF ACCREDITORS” to address the uneven standards and procedures of accreditation today;
- FOR PROMOTING LIFELONG LEARNING THROUGH HEI EXERCISE OF ACADEMIC FREEDOM and a more vibrant dialogue between the world of academe and the world of work;
- FOR CHALLENGING HEIS in their academic freedom TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE NEEDS OF THE BARMM (HED-BOL) IN COORDINATION WITH THE BARMM MINISTRY OF EDUCATION LED BY THE HON. MOHAGUER IQBAL. Crucial for rectifying historical injustices. For lasting peace not only in Mindanao but in the Philippines. My University is more than willing to partner with you on this!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHAIR POPOY!
We are happy to be working not under you but with you!